Using your home as a setting…
1) Write a tourist guide/brochure to your home, promoting all its finest, and weirdest, original features
2) Describe your home as if it’s haunted
3) Imagine that the fairies at the bottom of the garden are invading
4) Use your kitchen as a setting for a passionate love scene (what appliances and handy utensils might be involved?)
5) Imagine finding a stash of 500 toilet rolls in your partner’s wardrobe
6) Describe your living room as a crime scene
7) Write about your toilet as if it’s become a portal to an alien dimension
8) Concentrate on a single mirror. Who/what is looking back?
9) Describe your home, or the land it stands on, as it might have looked 150 years ago
10) Imagine stepping out through your front door six months from now. What happens next?